Saturday, July 24, 2010

Small Area White Photo Back Drop



Easy and inexpensive white photo backdrop all you need is an area, good lighting and a piece of white poster board, the kind you can get at the drugstore. I have literally been using the same piece for about 5 years, and it still works great.

I have a small dresser type piece of furniture that I use for picture taking, to achieve the blank white background you need to position the poster board so it is curved. Most times the weight of the item holds in place, but you could secure it with tape or something on the front end to hold it in place. Sometimes I put a book in the drawer to serve as a stopper, low enough so it does not show up in the pictures.

For lighting I use the rooms overhead light and an Ott Lite I can move and focus in on the object.

After I take pictures if the board is still showing a quick crop on a photo edit program will give you a clean plain backdrop. I use picnik.com to crop and adjust the exposure as needed.

1 comment:

Snowcatcher said...

What a helpful post for anyone who doesn't know much about photography.

You have some truly stunning photography throughout your blog.

Keep up the good work!

Related Posts with Thumbnails