Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Black Bean Chili


This was originally a Weight Watcher recipe that I have adapted several times over the years. I used to call it "Pork Chop Chili" but since my 5 year old loves black beans it is now "Black Bean Chili". The original called for boneless pork chops, but I upped it to pork tenderloin, the results are a very tasty yummy crock pot chili.

My version:
  • Pork tenderloin, I use 1-1.5 pounds, cut to bite size pieces
  • 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
  • 2 15 ounce cans black beans, undrained
  • 2 yellow peppers cut
  • 1 small onion diced
  • 1/2 package chili season, hot or mild to taste
Layer in crock pot in order above. When the beans, peppers, onion and seasonings are in crock pot I give it a stir to mix.

Cook in crock pot on High for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours, or so.

Variations, you can replace the tomatoes with a favorite salsa, add mushrooms, or other favorite beans. The original did call for a full packet of chili seasoning, but we found this to intense.

Serve with crackers, sour cream or cheese.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails