Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowstorm of 2011 and Daring Orange

So are you in a blizzard too? In my part of Michigan we are getting plenty of snow and wind. Great day to stay indoors and get some work done.

Since I am still working on my sewing room makeover I also painted my closet today. I painted my room "Sunken Pool" and was just going to leave the small closet the builders beige, however I decided this was just too plain. Off to the paint store, I have actually lost count how many times I have been in the last week, but I think I am still in single digits.

I opted to heat up the winter with an very out of the box color for me called "Daring" luckily my closet is very small. Hard to believe when this house was built in the 1940's this was a bedroom closet. We had renovated the house in 2005 so the prior bedrooms are now an office and a sewing room, I think my bathroom closet is bigger then this closet.

I really like peeking into the closet and seeing this burst of color, the reality is when I get my shelving up I will see very little of the orange. I still need to paint up above the shelf, we will being doing touch up around the house in a week or two and I will put some "builders beige" in to freshen it up.

I think the bright orange looks great with the aqua. My inspiration for this color choice was a pack of greeting cards I got from etsy shop Jenski.

Good news as well the groundhog did not see his shadow so that means only 6 more weeks until spring!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails