Monday, February 13, 2012

I Declare: Sewing for ME Week

I have declared as of about dinner time Sunday night that this week would be devoted to sewing for me and my family week...Hooray!

I just finished a show on Saturday (which was great) and in getting ready for that I have an epic amount of product made so to sort of energize my sewing I am going to take this week to work on FINISHING a few items that have been hanging around.

First up, Sherbet Pips, this is a quilt I started for my daughter, in spite of her desire to have everything princess themed this will be for her use around the house. I bought most of the fabrics from this line last summer when it came out. I had cut it out and had a few measure issues, mainly trying to do a pattern in which I did not have the right amount of fabric (I bought the fabric before deciding on a pattern). Anyway I had to do some creative piecing along the way to get it to work.


Piles of fabric that I had to dig out from last summer, I had some notes with changes I made, though I would say not as good of notes as I would have liked. Though I am pretty certain I did not plan on packing it away unfinished more then 6 months.

Quilt about half done, it is actually pieced now, I am hoping to find a back this week and drop it to the machine quilter on Friday. Yay, one down! ! !

Next are these tropical placemats, I think I started these at least 3 years ago - sad, huh? They are completely pieced I just need to do some light quilting and sew backs on and use. This is next up, this will be a set of 8, the interior features a fruit print and a tropical print as the focal. It is bordered by lime green and then orange and watermelon squares, finished with the lime green.


Then a quilt I am super excited to start in this aqua and brown combination, this will be a throw for my bedroom. I need to get a solid cream or something like a cream, making a fabric run lunch today. I think once I get rolling on this it should go quickly.



Then there is this lovely basket of half finished quilts, grrrr...that is what I think when I look at this. Things half completed, random notes and lots of folds in odd places. It will be somewhat of a nightmare sorting this out. In this basket are the beginnings of 3 quilts and a Christmas table runner. In my sights this week are the table runner, and one of the quilts from a line called "Surf and Sand" this was/is also to be for my bedroom, going from memory I also have fabric to make matching pillowcases, ah the sorting and memory jogging needed.





Also in this basket is another line that I LOVED, actually still like it but not sure I want it for what I originally intended, so I need to sort this one out as well. And lastly in that basket was a quilt that was fully pieced just needed some applique flowers, this is not on my need to finish now list, so it will probably get a looksy but to be finished later this year...hopefully. I hope to post finished (or at least my part finished) this week or early next week. For quilting I usually hire this out, so I may space them a bit plus I need backings, I hope to get 2 ready to go to a quilter this week or next.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow you have a lot of projects on the go. loving the quilts and those placemats are lovely such pretty bright fabric. Enjoy your week and your crafting time. dee x

Unknown said...

Wow you have a lot of projects on the go. loving the quilts and those placemats are lovely such pretty bright fabric. Enjoy your week and your crafting time. dee x

Fairy Cardmaker, Lisa said...

Nothing wrong with making things for yourself! I found a group of scrapbookers who call their unfinished projects UFO's: UnFinished Objects. So, I'm trying to do the UFO monthly challenge to get my own stuff done!

Related Posts with Thumbnails