Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Quilters Band Aids

How cute is this idea and also so fast to make up a batch. I found this idea in a link party yesterday from The Moody Fashionista. I instantly knew I needed to make a few myself 'cuz as luck would have it I have fabric scraps. Here is a link to the original blog post that inspired my own creations, thank you!

What you need:
  • Fabric scraps, small scale images will work best
  • fabric band aids
  • hole punch - I used 1/8 inch
  • double sided tape, I used fix it strips
  • scotch tape
I first prepped the band aid, I actually used the scotch tape to hold the band aid closed on the paper side, as these are now open and also now less sterile, this will help a bit to keep it clean.

I had these fix it strips which were just about band aid size anyway, I cut in the middle where the padding will be on the band aid 6 1/8 inch holes to help with breathing.

I then put the double sided tape on the fabric side of the band aid.

Stick the band aid with the double sided tape to the back side of the fabric, trim to shape of band aid and you are done. Super sharp scissors help, or a rotary blade works nicely too, smaller blade is better for the curves.

Be the envy of all your sewing friends next time you get a boo-boo!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

how fun are these?!?! I think I need to make some...because I get a lot of boo boos!
-Jade

Related Posts with Thumbnails