Thursday, March 1, 2012

March Crafting Challenge Flowers and Yo Yo's

Part of my new years resolution to myself was to do a few crafting challenges, just for myself. I am wanting to do more embellishing of my items and have been mastering Kanzashi flowers, so that is my challenge to make more flowers, and since I have some ideas for them yo-yo's too.

Coin purse with 5 petal pointed flower with button embellishment

I am going to keep it realistic and try to do 2 per day in any combination, this is both to make them for items that are planned and for just because, or to stock them for future ideas. I hope to do some show and tell of these items as I get going on them.

I do not plan on blogging about this daily but hope to document all that are made and share throughout the month and hopefully do a minimum of 62 flowers and yo-yo's. I should add I am off to a good start finished my first flower just after midnight.

Show and tell, my first flower, completed March 1, 2012...now it feels very official.

And not only is it made it is already in use on this new pleated clutch, I have been adapting a keyka pattern and this is my take on it..so cute! I will be making this size as a clutch or cosmetic pouch and a smaller as a wristlet. This one will be mine, thinking it would make a good project pouch.

4 comments:

SleightGirl said...

Great challenge! And those flowers look so beautiful!

www.AllThingsTangled.blogspot.com

April Starr said...

Lovely work! And good luck on your challenge! :)

Paige @ Little Nostalgia said...

I like that it's just a challenge for yourself. Sometimes doing something alone and without the need to "perform" is nice. :-)

SuZeFashion said...

The flowers are so beautiful and look amazing on the purse!

Related Posts with Thumbnails